Senior Product Designer (UI/UX)
The way we manage identity is broken—evidenced by massive security breaches and widespread fraud, not to mention the billions of people excluded from the global economy due to lack of adequate documentation.
The convergence of three 21st century digital technologies—blockchain, biometrics, and ubiquitous mobile phones—offers a solution, empowering a new model for digital identity. At globaliD, we’ve developed a highly secure and encrypted digital ID platform—one that allows individuals full control over their unique digital identity. globaliD leverages an Identity Namespace System (INS), which operates much like the Domain Name System (DNS) that powers the World Wide Web.
globaliD is a series A, venture-backed startup based in the heart of San Francisco.
About the role
You will drive GlobaliD’s entire design decisions and will implement them, from websites and developer facing portal to mobile apps. With Product managers and everyone else, you will creatively come up with UI/UX solutions to delight and engage our users, make partners successful, and ultimately, help to achieve the globaliD vision of building a portable digital identity platform.
This is a very unique and exciting role to take on the responsibility and ownership of being the first in-house designer in a dynamic, well funded startup whose journey is just beginning.
- 5+ years of experience as a UI/UX designer in a tech startup environment, ideally
as the initial designer and scaled
- Experience in Fintech, Social networks or Communication service is a plus
- Track record of launching and improving successful mobile apps on both iOS and Android. Deep knowledge in the latest mobile app design is a must
- Capable of researching and understanding complex requirements, and putting them into wireframe and all the way to create elegant outputs and implement them with engineers
- Ability to act like a product manager to define and prioritize features and implement with engineers a big plus
- “Ownership” attitude versus simply doing by instruction—constant internal drive to make the user experience and overall brand better, and an eagerness to understand and apply the latest design principles
- Understanding of technical products, and are excited to take complicated problems and make them simple for our customers to control and manage
- Experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams in a dynamic, rapid growth environment.
- An outstanding portfolio showcasing a depth of knowledge in user experience, interaction, and visual/user interface design